Head of Competitive Intelligence, Business Analytics and Portfolio Strategy; Member of the Business and Corporate Development team.
The Director of Portfolio Strategy & Analytics will work closely with the business and R&D leadership on implementation of portfolio growth strategies including key investment decisions, disease area strategies, indication prioritization, and corporate development initiatives. These approaches will be captured in the near and long-term strategic and operating plans, with this individual ensuring key execution of activities are occurring. This position will report to the Chief Business & Financial Officer.
- Own competitive intelligence and relative positioning of related and competitors’ assets
- Forecast near-term and long-term portfolio productivity and proactively identify potential milestone gaps with recommendations for gap filling
- Monitor portfolio progress and related milestones, including mitigation approaches
- Lead analysis of R&D portfolio including strategic and financial position relative to corporate goals
- Benchmark current and likely performance relative to peers
- Drive strategic leadership and expertise with respect to portfolio analytics and decision-making including interpretation of insights that facilitates trade-off discussions and buy-up decisions for new projects
- Support strategic initiatives that enable R&D to improve productivity and execute on the vision of being an agile, patient-centric organization.
- Perform in-depth strategic analysis of key R&D issues (e.g., multiple indications, unable to meet all decision criteria, etc.)
- Ensure consistent alignment, through e.g. workshops, between Strategic Plan, R&D prioritization, and Operating Plan
- Provide leadership around decision analysis serving as internal consultant to project teams
- Closely collaborate with R&D and finance leadership to conduct scientific, commercial and market assessments for pipeline products and BD opportunities
- Representing Black Diamond at some scientific and industry conferences
Experience and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in life sciences required, higher degree (MS, MBA, Ph.D. or Pharm.D.) preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in life sciences industry
- Prior consulting, banking, buy/sell side analysis, R&D, business development, and project management roles within life sciences industry highly valued
- Advanced understanding of scientific and clinical data and a passion for staying abreast of the latest advancements in targeted oncology therapies
- Energetic, team oriented, self-motivating individual with strong analytical and solid understanding of business strategy
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to influence decision making and manage stakeholders
- Proven ability to effectively work with project teams in a matrix environment
- Highly organized with excellent follow-up abilities and able to manage multiple projects and priorities
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
Some domestic and international travel may be required from time to time.
Apply for this Position